Tokyo Disneysea

This was the park where I went postal with my camera and took an absolute load of pictures so I am splitting this up into a number of smaller posts. The park opened in 2001 and is an indication of what a park can look like when money is no problem. Everything in the park is sponsored and Japanese companies invest fortunes into it, and boy does it show. It obviously has a sea theme to it, what with it being on the coast and the park is split into seven themed ports each looking totally different to the other. All benefited from the sea-breeze though, actually make that the tail end of the passing typhoons.

We got there in good time and fortunately the threat of stormy weather appeared to have kept a lot of people away. I had heard some amazing stories about this park but also a few bad ones where the thousands of people in the park meant you would only get on 1 or 2 rides. I was hoping this wasn't going to be the case here. Getting here early would mean that we could rush to the rides and get them out of the way.

When we were finally let in everybody started rushing towards the rides and although I knew I had to do the same I really wanted to just take the theming in. The obligatory globe welcomed us in. I can only assume this was here to show that the water takes up a significant percentage of the planet. But I didn't spend too much time contemplating that, there was a lot more to sea (bad pun, apologies).

This is the entrance into the first themed zone, the Meditteranean harbour and the attention to detail is amazing. It's hard to believe that this is just theming (admittedly they hold shops and restaurants) the domed tower on the right looked particularly realistic.

The walk down main street in any other Disney parks offers a magnificent view of the castle. Not so here, the centrepiece to the park is a smoking Volcano. Beneath it runs the "Journey to the Centre of the Earth" ride, which would end up being our first port of call (I have to stop with the puns!!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home